Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for developing an environment that will maintain inventory accuracy to help keep inventory shortages at or below store goals and maximize stores sales by receiving and shipping freight within a timely manner and following company guidelines and procedures.
- Assists in unloading and accurate receipt of all shipments. Ensure all incoming merchandise has been received in good condition and keyed accurately into the appropriate system. This includes, but is not limited to, Distribution Center deliveries, Vendor Purchase Orders, Transfers In, and Repair Goods Orders. Must be present and verify receipt during the deliveries of propane and welding gas.
- Ensure any eligible incoming freight is security tagged and prepare all merchandise for efficient flow to the selling area.
- Prepares and ships all outgoing freight and ensures merchandise has been accurately keyed out of the inventory system. This includes, but is not limited to, Transfers Out, Battery Returns, Buybacks, and Repair Goods Orders.
- Process outdated merchandise including, but not limited to, batteries, biologicals, magazines, and food.
- Complete and maintain all assigned paperwork in an accurate and timely manner and within company guidelines. This may include, but is not limited to, Receiving Files, Receivers Weekly/Monthly checklists, Forklift Log, Vendor Shipment Summary Report, DC Shipment Summary Report, Transfers In/Out Summary Report, Defective Summary Report, Freight Claims, and Inventory Adjustment Summary Report.
- Greet customers throughout store and engage customer to determine specific needs. Make recommendation and complete the sale utilizing GURA principles.
- Provide register support and customer load outs as needed.
- Contact customers on layaways, special orders, ship-to-store, and rain checks and work to conclusion following the prescribed company guidelines.
- Ensure the fixture area and assembly area is organized and store use tools are spray painted red and keyed to store use.
- Maintain, recover, stock, and tag assigned work areas including all merchandise displayed outside of the store. Participate in recovery of the Sales Floor on a daily basis.
- Ensure feed rotation in receiving is executed 100%. Communicates with Assistant Manager to reduce excess back stock.
- Manage the repair goods process and order missing parts for merchandise.
- Maintain perpetual accuracy through the execution of all defined receiving duties including the weekly execution of Targeting Outs, working Negatives on hand daily, keying defectives and inventory adjustments daily, and inventory preparation. Communicates with TSC Variance Coordinator and vendors to maintain accurate invoice processing.
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for Team Members and customers and adhere to Company safety training and guidelines.
- Dispense propane into various cylinder sizes including TSC forklift cylinders.
- Transport and make deposits to bank by following prescribed procedures.
- Ensure all batteries are identified with labels and neatly organized on proper skids
- Perform other duties as assigned by a supervisor
- Ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict by possessing strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to utilize strong verbal and written communications skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area and register area.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in basic computer skills.
- Ability to read, write, and count to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to operate and use all necessary equipment required to perform job duties such as a dolly, hand-truck, forklift, cardboard baler, computer, and cash register.
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise generally weighing 0 50 lbs.
- Ability to push or pull merchandise up to 2,000 lbs with the assistance of proper material handling equipment.
- Ability to crouch/squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to work varied hours, days, nights and weekends as scheduled.
- Upon successful completion of training and certification, work may require the ability to dispense propane.
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 4 hours straight without a break.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid drivers license.
- Ability to multi-task
Working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate. Exposure to inside conditions and moderate noise. Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions. If responsible, incumbent must wear gloves and face shield while dispensing propane.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma our equivalent.