Sign up and Manage Job alerts
View Our Videos
Tractor Supply Company Retail jobs give you real opportunities to grow your skills, channel your strengths and be part of a hard-working team dedicated to the rural way of life. Here, every contribution counts. In fact, you’ll be rewarded and supported every step of the way for the ideas you bring to the table and the difference you make in your customers lives. Learn more about Tractor Supply Company Retail jobs and apply to the role that’s right for you, today.
Store Team Member
Provide legendary customer service through the use of integrity, product knowledge, positive attitude, and high energy.
There are several key responsibilities that a Team Member may be accountable for. These responsibilities will be given directly to them by the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager or Team Leader and may include the following:
- Greet all customer as they enter the store.
- Practice 4 Keys to Successful Selling: Welcome the Customer, Make the Sell, Suggest the Sell, Close the Sell.
- Provide excellent customer service at the time of the time of the check out with a Sincere “Thank You”.
Team Members may also be required to perform one or more of the following duties on a regular basis:
- Operate cash register/computer
- Provide cash control within the department established by Tractor Supply Company
- Recovery of merchandise in assigned areas
- “Freight in Eight”: mandatory freight night as assigned by Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager or Team Leader
- Plan-o-grams (merchandising, sets, and resets)
- Assembling merchandise
- Price changes/markdowns
- Deliveries, if 18 years old or older and valid Driver’s License
- Operate Forklift, if 18 years old or older
- Load outs
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager or Team Leader
Essential Functions of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, team member is regularly required to:
- Perform and execute principle responsibilities
- Process information / merchandise through system and POS Register system
- Communicate effectively with team members and customers
- Read, write, and count to accurately complete all documentation
- Freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area and register area
- Operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store such as a dolly, hand-truck, forklift (if 18 years old), computer and cash register
- Squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders
- Move and transfer merchandise generally weighing 0 – 50 pounds throughout the store
- Work varied hours, days, nights, and weekends as business dictates
- Stand and walk for long periods of time often up to four hours straight without a break
Retail experience and/or farming, ranching, equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred.