Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager with the execution of operational, sales, and merchandising objectives by providing outstanding customer service, promoting a safe and productive work environment for Team Members, Customers, and Vendors, and coaching Team Members on appropriate application of policies and procedures.
- Promote mission and values of the Company by setting the right example to Team Members through proactive demonstration of guiding principles
- Lead sales huddles and direct and motivate Team Members to achieve company goals
- Greet customers upon entering store and engage customer to determine specific needs. Make recommendation and complete the sale utilizing GURA principles. Coach GURA principles and provide constructive feedback to Team Members to ensure customers have an outstanding experience.
- Ensure Team Members adhere to 100% cpliance of corporate and store policies and procedures. These policies and procedures include, but are not limited to, GURA. Productive Work Environment, Safe Working Environment, Fork Lift Safety Policy, TSC Dress Code Policy, Weekends are for Selling, Operational Audits, Loss Prevention, and Execution Score Card.
- Execute assigned merchandising responsibilities including, but not limited to, Recovery, Front End Merchandising, End Cap, Clip Strip, and Power Panel. Support SDIs and Center Court as directed by Store Manager. Provide support for other merchandising initiatives as needed.
- Handle and resolve customer complaints/issues in a proactive manner which is fair, honest, and ethical. In the absence of Store Manager, assure customer leaves store having had a positive shopping experience.
- Executive Weekly SDIs within your area of responsibility and communicate to appropriate Team Member the specific Targeting Out and Freight Train needs.
- Organize and prioritize workflow through the use of the daily planner. Execute the opening and closing check list in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure the security of the store and merchandise by promoting and practicing efforts to reduce shrink.
- Transport and make deposits to bank by following prescribed procedures.
- Maintain Team Leader binder by making updates to documentation and including proper signatures.
- Dispense propane into various cylinder sizes including TSC forklift cylinders.
- Respond to any alarm calls as appropriate
- Perform Team Member responsibilities as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
- Ability to complete Team Leader certification prior to carrying store keys
- Ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict by possessing strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform and execute principle responsibilities of Team Members
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and customers
- Knowledge of and proficiency in basic computer skills
- Ability to read, write, and count to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store such as a dolly, hand-truck, forklift, computer, and cash register
- Ability to lift and carry merchandise generally weighing 50 lbs
- Ability to push or pull merchandise up to 100lbs with assistance
- Ability to crouch/squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders
- Ability to work varied hours, day, nights and weekends as scheduled
- Ability to travel as required to support the district inventory process
- Upon successful completion of training and certification, work may require the ability to dispense propane
- Work requires standing and walking up to 100% of the time.
Working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate. Exposure to inside and outside conditions and moderate noise. If responsible, incumbent must wear gloves and face shield while dispensing propane.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma our equivalent. Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid drivers license.